Here are answers to some frequently asked questions by our guests
- Where is Madhya Pradesh and what is it like?
- What is the general climate like and when’s the best time to visit?
- What about the access to this place?
- Which language is used commonly in Madhya Pradesh?
- Do we face problem for our choice of food?
- What luggage should we carry?
- Do we face problem in currency exchange?
- Is it necessary to pay tips?
- What is the procedure for the confirmation of the ticket for return flight?
- What are the airport charges for neighboring and international departures?
- Do I need to take any vaccination before arriving at India?
- What are the formalities regarding Visa & Passport?
Where is Madhya Pradesh and what is it like?
1. Madhya means Central & Pradesh means state. It is not only its geographical position that makes the state central, nestling as it is in the slopes of the Vindhyachal ranges and being fed by many rivers. Rather, it is in the position it carves for itself in so many other ways that makes it central to the Indian Ethos. Cross-cultural exchanges across the subcontinent have always traversed through this state.
What is the general climate like and when’s the best time to visit?
2. During summers (May to June) it’s very hot and its biting cold during winters (October to March). The monsoon rains begin around June and end August. The best time to visit Madhya Pradesh is between October and April. Destination like Mandu has its own charm during monsoon rains.
Time Zone -: India is 5 hrs 30 minutes ahead of GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) in the winters.
India is 4 hrs 30 minutes ahead of GMT.
What about the access to this place?
3. Being the very heart of India, Madhya Pradesh is easily accessible.. Madhya Pradesh has five domestic airports at Bhopal (capital), Jabalpur, Gwalior, Khajuraho and Indore.A good network of Roads and Rails make Madhya Pradesh highly accessible. Bhopal and other cities are also well connected with Mumbai by rail and air.
New Delhi (India’s capital) has an International Airport served by important airlines of the world and the embassies of almost all nations are located here.
Which language is used commonly in Madhya Pradesh?
4. Popular languages are Hindi and English, tribal areas use there own tribal languages.
Do we face problem for our choice of food?
5. Almost all places have good restaurants serving Indian, Continental and Chinese cuisine. Italian, French and Mexican dishes are easy to find.
What luggage should we carry?
6. Cool cottons for daywear, Light woolens for the evenings (a warm jacket if you plan to spend a night on the sand dunes), a couple of pairs of shoes, shorts, sunglasses, anti sun tanning lotion, camera and… lots of time and film rolls.
Do we face problem in currency exchanges?
7. The Indian Rupee (Rs), divided into 100 paise (p). There are no restrictions on the amount visitors can bring into India. Travelers carrying more than US$ 5000 in cash and US$ 10,000 in traveler’s cheque are required to fill in a currency declaration form.
Most hotels and large shops accept credit cards but smaller properties and game lodges do not. Only change money at official banks and hotels and keep your receipts, which is required in the event of your changing the Indian currency to your own currency.
Is it necessary to pay tips?
8. Many travelers view tipping as a difficult subject, though this need not be the case. The first thing to remember is that tipping is not compulsory, nor are there any fixed amounts. The bottom line in determining whether and how much to tip is to ask yourself how much the individual did to make your travel more enjoyable.
What is the procedure for the confirmation of the ticket for return flight ?
9. When you arrive in India, your airline tickets will be collected by our representative so that departure flights can be reconfirmed. Flight reconfirmation is essential in India, and failure to do so is likely to result in cancelled reservations.
What are the airport charges for neighboring and international departures ?
10. Currently passengers embarking on journeys to any place outside Indian will have to pay airport tax INR 500 as foreign Travel Tax and INR 150 on journeys to neighboring countries.
Please be advised that airport departure taxes are subject to change without notice.
Do I need to take any vaccination before arriving at India ?
11. No vaccinations are currently required for entry into India when arrival is directly from North America or an Asian or European country. Immunization against polio, tetanus and typhoid is recommended. Visitors arriving from yellow fever area require valid vaccination certificates.
It is also recommended that at least six (6) weeks before you depart, please discuss health precautions for your exact travel itinerary with a qualified health professional
What are the formalities regarding Visa & Passport ?
12. Each traveler must be in possession of a valid,signed passport that will remain valid for six (6) months beyond the completion of his/her trip.All foreign nationals require visas for India.
NOTE : You must obtain a MULTIPLE-ENTRY visa for India if you are entering the country more than once on your itinerary.If entering India more than once during a tour a double or multiple entry visas must be obtained. Indian visas cannot be issued on arrival.
It is imperative that every traveler arrive on tour with the proper documentation.While Indian Excursion will advise you of our most current information concerning passports, visas, and other entry requirements, please be aware that it is the traveler’s responsibility to obtain all documents that are necessary for admittance to the countries visited on his/her itinerary.
You are most welcome to ask any question about Madhya Pradesh or India.
Kindly e-mail us : firstname.lastname@example.org